During these cold winter months, what could be better then coming home and enjoying a warm and hearty dinner?
Yields: 4-6 servings
Total Time: 40 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pint seafood stock, divided
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- ½ pound shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- ½ pound fresh lobster meat
- ½ pound white fish such as cod or haddock, cut into cubes
- ½ pound mussels, cleaned and de-bearded
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Heat oil and butter in a large, deep pot over medium heat. Once hot, add shallots and garlic and sauté until translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Deglaze pot with a splash of seafood stock, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom with a spoon.
- Add remaining stock and canned tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a strong simmer and simmer for 20 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Add shrimp, lobster and white fish to pot. Cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until almost cooked through.
- Add mussels, cover and cook until mussels open and fish is opaque, another 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.