The best classic Chicken Salad recipe is flavorful with simple ingredients. Chicken, celery, mayonnaise, green onions, and a little lemon juice make this salad taste like heaven. Feel free to add in whatever you want but this classic recipe is great just as it is!
- 3 boneless chicken breasts (fully cooked)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 celery stalks, minced
- chili flakes
- curry powder
- cajun seasoning
- If using raw chicken, bake for at least 30 minutes at 400 F or until internal temperature is a minimum of 165 F. (times may vary). Once chicken is done, allow to cool for 5 minutes, then chill in the fridge.
- If using fully cooked chicken breast, use your fingers to pull as much meat off the bones of the chicken and add it to a bowl.
- Add in about half of the mayo, along with all the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine, and add more mayo if needed or to suit your personal tastes. The amount of chicken will not be exactly the same, and some people like it more or less mayo loaded.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve.