These buttery cookies come together in minutes and are an excellent way to show off what coconut flour can do in baked goods. Pair them with a cup of coffee or as a delicate little bite with ice cream.
- 1/4 cup (32g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (39g) King Arthur Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons, 57g) soft unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut flavor, optional; for stronger flavor
- 3/4 cup (45g) toasted large-flake coconut
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet, or line it with parchment.
- Mix all the dough ingredients, by hand or mixer, until a well-blended, cohesive dough forms; this will take about 2 minutes at medium-low speed in a stand mixer.
- Scoop the dough by the tablespoon and pat into rounds 1/2″ thick. If desired, roll the edges in toasted coconut. Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them 1″ apart.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes, until just browned on the bottom. Remove from the oven and let cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up top 10 days.
Recipe courtesy of King Arthur Flour Company,
Leave a Reply