Perfect for breakfast or a snack craving.
This recipe is: Corn-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free
Yields: Yield: 12 muffins
Total Time: 30 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
- 1¾ cup gluten-free flour (we used Namaste Perfect Flour Mix)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ¾ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup butter milk
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries (or a combination)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease muffin baking tray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and coconut.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Mix until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time; beat until well combined before adding the next egg.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture in three additions. Alternate adding flour and buttermilk and beat until well combined.
- Turn off mixer and, using a spatula, fold in lime zest, juice, and berries.
- Fill muffin baking pan with batter, filling each cup about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 14 to 17 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean