Cool off with this dessert this summer.
This recipe is: Corn-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
Total Time: 40 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
- 1½ cups cooked rice, cold
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1½ cups coconut milk (stirred well)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sweetened, toasted coconut
- 2 cups diced mango
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 martini or parfait glasses
- In a medium sized sauce pan over medium-low heat, simmer rice, milk, coconut milk, sugar and salt for about 40 minutes, or until thickened. Once rice mixture has thickened, remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, whip the heavy cream and vanilla extract in a large bowl until thick peaks form. Refrigerate.
- Assemble the martini glasses by sprinkling a bit of toasted coconut at the bottom. Add a layer of the coconut rice. Top the rice with a layer of diced mango and top with the toasted coconut.
- Repeat with a layer of the coconut rice, a layer of the diced mango, and top with a dollop of whipped cream. Sprinkle toasted coconut on the top of each parfait. Serve room temperature or cold.