Corned beef hash is the perfect way to use up your leftover corned beef. It makes a protein packed breakfast that will power you through the day.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 C corned beef, cooked and diced
- 2 C potatoes, cooked and diced
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4-6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat oven safe skillet over medium heat. When hot, add butter and oil. When the butter is melted, add the onion, pepper and garlic to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and stir to incorporate. Cook the veggies until they start to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the potatoes to the pan and season with a bit of salt and pepper. Let the potatoes brown a bit, add more oil if the pan seems too dry.
- Once the potatoes have started to brown, add the corned beef. Cook about 5 minutes until the corned beef is hot and the fat starts to melt. Add the Worcestershire sauce and taste for seasoning. Add more Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently crack the eggs (depending on how many you need) evenly spaced over the top of the hash. Bake 10-14 minutes or until the white is set but the yolk is still soft. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply