Are you looking for an alternative summer side dish? Here is a fun summer corn salad. This salad is easy to make tastes great. But just a short warning, make extra because everyone will love it.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (from about 6 ears)
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
- ½ pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped, divided
- In a large nonstick skillet, add the bacon and cook until deep golden brown and crispy, 4 to 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a large bowl, leaving the rendered fat in the skillet.
- Add the jalapeños to the skillet and cook over medium heat until bright green, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the corn kernels and cook for about 1 minute, then add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp is opaque, 7 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the cream cheese and mix until melted and evenly combined.
- Turn off the heat and add the bacon, lime juice, smoked paprika, ground black pepper, and half of the cilantro. Add Cherry tomatoes. Toss until combined. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with the remaining cilantro before serving.