Mashed potatoes are a classic. We spiced them up this year with fresh parsley and rosemary.
Total Time: 40 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
- 6 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ¼ cup finely minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely minced rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Place the chopped potatoes into a large pot and fill the pot with water so the water just comes over the top of the potatoes. Bring the water to a slow simmer and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Carefully drain the water from the potatoes and then place them back into the hot pot. Add in the butter, sour cream and garlic powder and milk. Using a potato masher, mash the ingredients together until well combined and smooth.
- Add in the parsley, rosemary and salt and mix together well. Taste the mashed potatoes and, if desired, add more salt to taste.