Eggs are not just for breakfast. This recipe is a good source of iron, and an excellent source of protein, vitamin A and choline.
- large EGGS 6
- olive oil 2 tsp.
- red onion, minced 1/2 cup
- clove garlic, minced 1
- mild curry paste 2 Tbsp.
- cherry tomatoes, halved 2 cups
- water (more, as needed) 1/2 cup
- spinach 5 oz.
- Heat a 10″ skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and onion. Saute until onions are translucent. Stir in garlic, cooking for a minute more. Stir in curry paste and tomatoes. Add the water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the spinach a handful at a time.
- When the spinach has wilted and tomatoes have blistered slightly, (add more water by the tbsp., if pan is to dry) carefully crack eggs on top of the mixture. Simmer over medium/low heat.
- Cover and cook until the egg whites are set.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with salt, cilantro and lemon wedges. Serve with toast, pita or your favorite cooked grains.
Tip: Add cheese or yogurt to balance the heat of a spicier curry paste.