Polenta is made from ground corn and can be used in a wide variety of ways. Polenta is a versatile type of food. It is perfect for both vegetarians and vegans because it is made from just cornmeal and water. Check out this grill idea from our friends at Ancient Harvest.
- 8 ounces Ancient Harvest Polenta
- 1 small zucchini
- ½ medium red onion
- 1 dozen cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon good curry powder
- Cilantro, to serve
- Limes, to serve
- Yogurt, to serve
- If using wood skewers, soak an hour before preparing.
- Cut polenta into rough, 1″ square cubes- you will want about 12 cubes. Set aside.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and cut eat side into ½” half moons. Cut onions and peppers into roughly the same size pieces and place in a bowl with the cherry tomatoes. Add olive oil and curry powder, stirring until well combined.
- Light grill to a medium heat.
- Alternate threading the vegetables and polenta on the skewers until skewers are full. Brush any leftover curry mixture over the vegetables and polenta. Place skewers on a well oiled grill pan or piece of foil and transfer to hot grill. Cook on each side for 2 to 3 minutes until vegetables and polenta are lightly charring. Serve with a sprinkle of cilantro and a side of limes and yogurt.
Source Ancient Harvest
Leave a Reply