Do you love for scones? These keto-friendly cranberry-orange scones will remind you of your favorite coffee shop, as they do for me, every time I make them.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) blanched almond four
- ⅓ cup erythritol
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup (2 ounces) cranberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond four, erythritol, baking powder, and sea salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, orange zest, vanilla, and egg. Stir the wet mixture into the almond four mixture, pressing with a spoon or spatula, until a uniform dough forms. (The dough should be pliable and dense, but not crumbly; add a little more coconut oil, a teaspoon at a time, if it’s very dry.) Stir and press the cranberries into the dough.
- Place the dough onto the lined pan and form a disc shape, about 1 inch thick and 6 inches in diameter. Cut into 8 wedges, like a pie or pizza. Move the pieces about 1 inch apart. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, until golden.
- Cool completely on the pan to firm up. (Scones will fall apart if you move them before cooling.)
Leave a Reply