Once upon a time, someone?s chocolate seeped into their peanut butter, and the world was changed forever. A happy accident indeed; but when it comes to CBD-infused coffee, it?s no accident. It is a fantastic, unlikely fusion of two dramatically different delights. If cannabidiol is the non-psychoactive substance found in marijuana and hemp plants that promote relaxation, how does that work with caffeine, which jacks you up? Good question. And we have some excellent answers.
Why People are Starting Their Day with CBD Coffee
One of the main reason CBD coffee is growing in popularity is that the acidity generally associated with coffee is counterbalanced by CBD’s proven role in aiding in digestion. So, for those who can’t drink coffee because of the effects of acid on their stomachs, CBD coffee is an excellent alternative. Another great reason CBD coffee is making the rounds is that it provides a healthy boost of energy without the jitters usually associated with caffeine thanks to CBD?s calming properties. This means there is no need for a cup of impotent decaf when you can enjoy the benefits of full caffeine without having to worry about tossing and turning all night long.
Additionally, CBD drinks like Green Roads CBD coffee and tea, can improve digestion, increase energy and lower blood pressure. CBD drinks have also been linked to blood sugar control, weight loss and lower cholesterol. Add that to sleeping better at night and focusing sharply during the day, and well, it’s a no-brainer.
“CBD Coffee is the wellness world’s new favorite drink” according to Bon Appetit magazine. Fortunately for wellness seekers, CBD coffee and CBD drinks have staying power unlike so many faddy trends like broccoli coffee (yes, it’s a real thing.) With soda sales hitting a 30-year low because people are looking for healthier drinks which is why CBD drinks are rising in popularity. In fact, forecasters predict that legal hemp-derived products like CBD drinks will outsell soda by 2030 in the United States.
What Makes CBD So Great
The benefits of CBD are simply extraordinary. There is a reason it?s one of the fastest growing industries in the United States! In addition to the previously mentioned benefits, CBD can help in many more ways whether consumed as coffee or any other form. Here are some of the most common reasons people all over the country are trying CBD:
- Pain Relief:??CBD considerably reduces chronic inflammation and pain associated with exercise, injuries, and a physically demanding job. Even oncologists recommend CBD to alleviate pain related to symptoms of cancer and the side effects of chemotherapy.
- Quitting Smoking and Drug Withdrawals: A study in addictive behaviors found that smokers who used CBD smoked less and had no further cravings for nicotine. A review in Neurotherapeutics found that CBD could be a treatment for people with opioid addictions.
- Alleviation of Anxiety and Depression: Neurotherapeutics found that CBD may reduce anxiety in people suffering from general anxiety disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Relief of Epilepsy: The FDA approved the use of CBD as a therapy for two conditions characterized by epileptic seizures.
- Potential Prevention of Neurodegenerative Conditions: By interacting with receptors located in the brain, CBD may prevent the development of social recognition disorders.
- Diabetes Prevention: A study published in Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation found that CBD may ease inflammation in the pancreas protecting against symptoms of diabetes. Studies have also suggested that CBD may prevent the onset of the disease in the first place.
- Insomnia Relief: Research has shown that CBD helps increase sleep amounts and reduces insomnia.
Benefits of Coffee
While CBD drinks are on the rise, coffee is still the most popular. It is estimated that 83% of Americans drink coffee regularly. Even though most coffee drinkers consume coffee to promote focus and alertness, the benefits of coffee go beyond the effects of caffeine. Coffee is a natural antioxidant that can have significant effects on our long-term wellbeing. Scientists continue to find health benefits related to coffee. Some proven benefits of coffee alone include:
- Pain Relief: According to the Journal of Pain, two cups of coffee can cut muscle pain by up to 48%.
- Fiber: One cup of coffee has 1.8 grams of fiber
- Protects the Liver: According to the Hepatology Journal, coffee lowers liver enzymes.
- Lower Risk of Type 2 Diabetes: People who drink six or more cups of coffee a day have a 22% lower risk of diabetes according to the Archives of Internal Medicine.
- Lowered Risk of Alzheimer’s: The European Journal of Neurology has found evidence that caffeine may protect against Alzheimer?s.
- Reduces Depression: Harvard School of Public Health found that women who drink 4 or more cups of coffee were 20% less likely to suffer from depression.
- Protection Against Parkinson’s Disease: Research out of Sweden shows that drinking coffee reduces the risk of Parkinson’s
- Lowers Risk of Heart Disease: Korean researchers discovered that people who consume 3 to 5 cups of coffee a day are less likely to show the beginning signs of heart disease.
- Lowers Risk of MS: The Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry shows that at least 4 cups of coffee a day may help protect against the development and reoccurrence of MS.
- Lowers Risk of Colorectal Cancer: Moderate consumption of coffee has proven to reduce the odds of developing colorectal cancer by 26%.
The Best of Both Worlds
An African-based roast of bold coffee soaked in Broad Spectrum CBD, Green Roads CBD coffee combines all the benefits of CBD and coffee to provide a delicious, natural, healthy alternative to high sugar, artificially flavored, coffee shop beverages.
The best of both worlds, CBD coffee, will keep you alert while the rest of your body benefits from the pharmaceutical-grade CBD, from its anti-inflammatory and anti-anxiety properties to its most ironic use in this case–helping people overcome insomnia. Developed by a licensed pharmacist, Green Roads’ CBD-infused coffee grounds is made of 100% industrial organic hemp. Coffee is available in two packs, 3 oz and 6 oz containing 84 MG and 168 MG of CBD respectively.
If coffee is not your jam, consider other CBD drinks like Green Roads’ CBD tea, a magnificent mellowing of cannabidiol, peppermint, vanilla and chamomile, all contributing to restful days and nights for those who suffer from anxiety, insomnia, stress and other factors contributing to sleeping issues.
For more information on how CBD drinks can help you and what makes Green Roads the most-trusted CBD brand in the country, click here.
Cheerful Buddha Ltd says
Great info about cbd and coffee go together. I really appreciated your content. Very helpful.