Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese, divided
- 16 ounces restaurant-style salsa, divided
- 10 gluten-free corn tortillas (make your own)
- diced avocado
- plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray 9-by-13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook onion until translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer to large bowl and set aside.
- To make chicken: Season chicken breasts with garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to same skillet over medium-high heat. Cook 5-7 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Use fork and knife to shred chicken.
- To make enchiladas: In large bowl with cooked onion, add shredded chicken, black beans, diced tomatoes, green chilies and 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese. Use spoon to mix well.
- Pour 1 cup salsa on bottom of greased pan and use spatula to spread evenly. Scoop about 1/2 cup chicken and veggie mixture into each tortilla. Roll tightly and place seam side down in pan.
- Top enchiladas with 3/4 cup salsa and remaining shredded cheese; use spatula to spread evenly.
- Cover pan tightly with foil and bake 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven; serve hot. Add avocado, yogurt and cilantro, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of “Wellness for the Win” on behalf of ALDI