Fresh shrimp, onions, bell peppers, and kale sautéed in butter, olive oil, garlic, and spices. Finished with a big squeeze of lime, a drizzle of hot sauce, cilantro, and a dollop of sour cream all wrapped up in a warm soft corn tortilla in only 20 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- ½ medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 pound small raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon organic no-salt seasoning (or any all-purpose seasoning you like)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- pinch of Kosher salt
- a few good shakes of black pepper
- ½ orange bell pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 3 lacinato kale leaves, roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lime, plus extra lime wedges for serving
- 8 small white corn tortillas, warmed
- fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Favorite hot sauce you enjoy (optional)
- sour cream or Greek yogurt (optional)
- Heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp, garlic, seasoning, cumin, salt and pepper, and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and sauté for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add chopped kale, 1 tablespoon butter, and lime juice. Sauté for about a minute more or just until the kale is slightly wilted.
- Stuff the shrimp mixture into warmed tortillas. Top with fresh cilantro, hot sauce, and sour cream. EAT!