This vegan cheese spread is a perfect way to get your fruit and veggie intake with DOLE® Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots and Apples.
- 1 large DOLE® Potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 9 ounces)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup plain vegan cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (from 1 DOLE® Lemon)
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups DOLE® Broccoli florets
- 3 cups DOLE® Cauliflower florets
- 2 large DOLE® Carrots, peeled and cut into 3 x ½-inch sticks
- 1 DOLE® Green or Red Apple, cut into wedges
- ½ (14-ounce) gluten-free baguette, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Cover potatoes and cashews with 1 inch of water in medium saucepot; heat to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes and cashews are very tender. Drain.
- Pulse garlic cloves in food processor to chop, scraping down sides with rubber spatula; add potatoes and cashews and purée just until smooth (do not over-process). Transfer potato mixture to small saucepot; heat 3 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add nutritional yeast, cream cheese, lemon juice, miso paste, salt and pepper; stir until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through. Makes about 2½ cups.
- Cool spread slightly and transfer to a small bowl; cover with plastic wrap, pressing wrap onto surface. Invert spread in center of a large serving plate; arrange broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, apple and baguette around spread.
Leave a Reply