Crepes are a quick and easy breakfast favorite could not be simpler and takes no time at all to make.
The age-old debate of which crepe toppings are best will continue to rage-on, but popular toppings include the likes of sugar, nutella, and lemon juice.
Crepes are incredibly versatile and can be tweaked to fit most dietary restrictions and lifestyles.
- Just under 1 cup- self-raising gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp sugar or sweetener of choice (dry)
- 1 cup of milk of your choice (dairy-free)
- 1 egg or 4 tablespoons aqua faba (chickpea water)
- Butter or oil for frying
- Sugar/ maple syrup and lemon juice as toppings
- Mix all dry ingredients together then add the egg/ aqua faba and milk and whisk to form a batter and set aside. Batter will last two days in the fridge.
- When making pancakes, heat up a frying pan and butter or oil, when hot add a dollop of the mix and leave for two minutes. Do not turn until 2 minutes is up and repeat on the other side.
- Serve with sugar of choice and lemon juice.
For more information on free-from recipes and nutritional advice, visit: https://www.yorktest.com/us/
Photo source- Ken Haddock