Looking for a gluten-free pancakes recipe that is also free from dairy and eggs? Your allergies don’t have to hold you back from gloriously fluffy pancakes!
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (flax meal)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or sugar or honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup milk (or nondairy substitute)
- Grease a griddle, and preheat over medium heat. (Or you can use a pan on your stovetop.)
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, flax meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, vanilla, applesauce, and milk. Slowly mix half of the liquid into the dry ingredients, stirring continuously, and the rest 1/4 cup at a time to avoid a runny batter. Mix until you get the lumps out of the batter.
- On your griddle, begin to cook the pancakes, using about 1/4 cup of the batter for each one.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until they start to bubble around the edges and flip. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the griddle, and serve.
Leave a Reply