Corn Salsa is a favorite summer appetizer recipe. This sweet and spicy easy recipe is made with fresh grilled corn and loads of tasty fresh ingredients.
- 3 cups raw corn kernels (from about 4 cobs of shucked sweet corn)
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion (about ½ medium onion)
- Optional: 1 diced ripe avocado
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (about 1 bunch)
- 1 to 2 medium jalapeños, finely chopped (use 1 for mild-to-medium salsa or 2 for more-spicy salsa)
- ¼ cup lime juice (about 2 limes), to taste
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Roast corn on a grill (frozen corn can be substituted) but the grilled corn adds a great grill flavor
- In a medium serving bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Adjust to taste, if necessary: For more zing, add about 1 teaspoon more vinegar or 1 tablespoon more lime juice. For more flavor overall, add another pinch of salt. For more spice, add more jalapeño.
- For best flavor, allow the salsa to marinate for 20 minutes before serving. This salsa keeps well in the refrigerator, covered, for 3 to 4 days.