Low-fat cottage cheese is the secret to the dressing in this delicious low-fat, low-cholesterol, low-sodium mixture of vegetables and herbs potato salad. This potato salad recipe was used in a research study, which shows that potatoes can be part of a weight loss regimen.
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 3 large) potatoes, boiled in jackets, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 3 oz. skim milk
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp dill weed
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- In a large bowl, place potatoes, celery, green onion, and parsley.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, blend cottage cheese, milk, lemon juice, vinegar, celery seed, dill weed, dry mustard, and white pepper until smooth.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Pour chilled cottage cheese mixture over vegetables; mix well.
- Chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply