No bbq is complete without some homemade German Potato Salad!
This recipe is: Corn-Free, Dairy Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Rice-Free, Soy-Free
Total Time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 15 mins
For the Salad
- 3 large Russet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- ¼ pound bacon
- ½ red onion, diced small
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
For the Dressing
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons mustard
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Boil whole potatoes in a large pot of cold, salted water until the potatoes are fork tender about 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the size of potatoes. Drain and let cool.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crispy and fully rendered. Drain bacon on a paper towel lined plate and crumble once cool. Reserve fat in the skillet.
- Add onions to skillet with the bacon fat and sauté over medium heat until translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Once potatoes are cool, dice into large chunks and place in a large bowl. Add bacon crumbles, onions and parsley to potatoes.
- To make the dressing, whisk together apple cider vinegar, mustard, honey and salt and pour over potato salad. Gently toss to coat. Refrigerate and serve cold or room temperature.
Leave a Reply