These Giant Chocolate Chip cookies are so easy to make. Use real butter, salted for this recipe. Bring the butter to room temperature AND the egg yolks. Do NOT microwave or melt the butter, or the cookies will be flat.
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tablespoon unflavored protein whey
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill– Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking
- 12 tablespoons chocolate chips (we like Enjoy Life)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium size bowl, beat room temperature butter with brown and white sugar until it is creamy and doesn’t feel grainy.
- Measure flour, protein whey, and the baking soda, and mix together, then add to the mixture in the bowl. Toss 1 teaspoon of cornstarch with the 12 spoonfuls of chocolate chips, and mix until combined.
- Divide the dough in half, and divide each half into three balls. Add the 6 balls to the ungreased, air baking sheet. These are big cookies, so give them some room so they can expand during baking. Place the baking sheet and the balls of dough in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Take the cookies from the freezer. Flatten the balls just slightly until the cookies are a good inch tall. I press 4 or more chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies before baking.
- Bake cookies 12-15 minutes. Cookies will be slightly brown around the edges when done. Aim for slightly under-baked cookies for best results. Let cookies sit on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then gently transfer them with a spatula to a wire rack to cool. Store them in an airtight container. Cookies freeze well.