Rich and fudgy chocolate brownies with a pumpkin and tahini swirl on top. Full of orange, ginger, cinnamon and mixed spices, these seasonal brownies are quick and easy to bake and perfect for Halloween treats!
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp runny tahini or almond butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground chia or flaxseeds + 6 tbsp water
- 1 cup plain or oat flour (use GF oats where needed)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 180g or 1 ¼ cup Divine Ginger and Orange Dark Chocolate, melted
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup plant-based milk, room temperature or slightly warmed
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 350*F and line a pan (approx. 8×11 inch) with parchment paper.
- Make the chia or flaxseed egg by stirring together the ground seeds with the water and leave to form a gel.
- Prepare the pumpkin swirl by stirring together all the ingredients until smooth.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and warm the milk, if necessary.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt to a bowl and whisk well. Pour in the melted chocolate, pumpkin puree, milk and vanilla essence and whisk to combine.
- Pour into the dish and smooth over the top. Spoon the pumpkin swirl on top all over the brownie and use a blunt knife or small spoon to swirl the pumpkin mix through the brownie batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until firm on top. Allow to cool before slicing into 18 brownies.
Source: Divine Chocolate
Recipe created by Nourishing Amy for Divine Chocolate