Gluten-Free Breakfast Casserole is a hearty and crowd-pleasing breakfast recipe. Prepped in minutes then baked until golden brown and bubbly!
Raise your hand if you like hot breakfasts! Raise the other if you like ’em easy to prepare! And crowd-pleasing! And hearty, and cheesy, and prefect for the holidaysss…..ok we’ve run out of limbs.
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 large shallot or 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 oz sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 cups (about 20oz,) frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees then spray a 9×13″ baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside. Brown sausage with shallot in a large skillet over medium-high heat then drain if desired and set aside to cool slightly (can be done ahead of time.)
- Whisk eggs, salt, and pepper in a very large bowl, add sour cream and milk, and then whisk until smooth. Add 3/4 of the shredded cheese (about 6oz,) the cooked sausage, and thawed hash browns to the bowl then stir to combine. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish then smooth with a spatula until liquid is evenly distributed. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top then cover with foil and bake for 1 hour, to 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove foil then bake for 5 more minutes or until top is golden brown. Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.