This healthy chicken parmesan is a super easy weeknight meal that is gluten free, keto friendly, and delicious.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsps parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp basil
- 2 tsps garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 2 tbsps parsley
Preheat oven to 350
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
- In a shallow bowl combine the almond flour, parmesan cheese, basil, garlic powder, and salt.
- Take the chicken breasts, dip in the egg mixture, and then coat with the almond flour mix.
- Transfer to the hot pan. Fry for 4 minutes on each side.
- While the chicken is cooking, cook the side dish (I used gluten free pasta and broccoli).
- Layer some of the marinara on the bottom of a 9?13 pan, then add the cooked noodles and/or broccoli, and the chicken.
- Top with the rest of the sauce, mozzarella, parmesan, and parsley.
- Bake for 30 minutes.