A classic family favorite: homemade one skillet gluten free chili mac! With a few simple ingredients, you can remake this processed boxed food with all wholesome and real food ingredients! Better still, it is easily made dairy free for those who need it!
Any way you make, your kids will love this quick and easy dinner, ready in under 30 minutes!
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground beef or other ground meat
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 14.5 ounce can pureed/crushed tomatoes I used diced, but pureed them w/ my immersion blender first. The puree hides the big chunks of tomatoes that my kids won’t eat
- 2 cups beef broth homemade or store bought
- 1 tablespoon chili powder you can use as much or as little as you like for your family
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded Daiya Cheddar Shreds
- Heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and saute’ until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the ground meat and garlic, stirring to break the meat up.
- When browned, add in tomato paste, canned tomatoes, beef broth, oregano, and chili powder. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the noodles. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until the noodles are al dente, about 7-10 minutes. The noodles will continue to soak up liquid as it sits, so don’t worry if it seems a little thin at first, or the noodles not quite cooked. Let it rest covered 5-10 minutes to finish absorbing the liquid and finish cooking!
- Stir in cheddar shreds until melted. Serve!