Another no-bake cookie for you today. There is absolutely no refined sugar whatsoever present in this recipe. Honey is used to sweeten the little guys up. There is also no butter used at all, which is a typical ingredient in most no-bake cookies. In fact, there are only 7 super easy ingredients needed to create these. When it comes to healthy recipes, easy and convenient are most important!
- 1/2 cup honey*
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil*
- 1/2 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sunflower seeds*
- 1 and 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (I used dry roasted + salted)
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the honey, cocoa powder, and coconut oil. Stir until all is melted. The mixture will be very thick. Allow to boil for about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and salt until completely smooth.
- Add the sunflower seeds and peanuts, mixing well to make sure all is coated with the chocolate/peanut butter mixture. Using a spoon, drop mixture into small piles on prepared baking sheet. I measured roughly 1.5 Tablespoons of “dough” each, to make 15 cookies. Make them as big or small as you wish.
- Transfer cookies to the refrigerator and allow to set, about 1 hour. Serve cookies immediately to avoid the chocolate from melting. Store cookies in the refrigerator (covered) for up to 7 days.