This cobbler is a taste of that easy last-days-of-summer simplicity. Just toss fruit with a sprinkling of sugar and flour (gluten-free or gluten-full), place it into a cast-iron skillet, top with the cobbler dough and grill it. Then, sit back and just take it all in.
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon Silvana’s Kitchen Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup dairy-free milk, at room temperature
- ¼ cup vegetable oil or unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ pounds nectarines or peaches (3 to 4), sliced
- 1 cup mixed berries or pitted cherries
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat a grill to 375 º or medium-high. Grease a medium cast-iron skillet. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour, ¼ cup sugar and the baking powder. Mix in the milk and oil until just combined. In another medium bowl, toss together the nectarines, berries, remaining 1 tablespoon flour and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Spoon the fruit into the prepared skillet and dollop the dough over the fruit in 8 spoonfuls; sprinkle with sugar. Cover with foil and grill until the juices are bubbling, about 25 minutes. Remove the foil; let bake until golden, about 15 minutes more. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Source: SILVANA’S KITCHEN