A southern favorite, gluten free Johnny cakes also known as hoecakes. Add more fiber to your pancakes while keeping them light and fluffy. Although corn meal is gluten free many brand are produced in plants where cross-contamination happens. Check the label for gluten-free.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/8 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup neutral-flavored cooking oil
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 cup gluten-free cornmeal
- 1 cup Gluten Free Bisquick Recipe
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Add buttermilk, oil, and water and whisk again.
- Add cornmeal and gluten free bisquick mixture and stir until smooth.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat with oil.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of batter per johnny cake and cook for about 2 minutes on the first side or until bubbles form on top. Turn them over and cook about 2 additional minutes.
- Store leftover batter in refrigerator, covered, for up to 2 days.
Leave a Reply