Gluten-free flours combine with apples, carrots, zucchini, raisins and walnuts in these satisfying and nutritious muffins.
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tart red apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners and set aside.
- Whisk together oil, cane sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs in a large bowl for about 1 minute to incorporate air into the mixture. Set aside.
- Put flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, baking soda, cinnamon, xanthan gum, and salt into a second large bowl and stir well. Add flour mixture, carrots, zucchini, walnuts, raisins, coconut, orange zest, and apples to the reserved sugar mixture and stir well to form a batter. Scoop batter into muffin tin and bake until cooked through, about 25 minutes.