This Gluten Free Pumpkin Waffles recipe is easy to make and tastes like pumpkin pie! Top with toasted pecans and maple syrup for breakfast.
- 2 ¼ cups Bob’s Red Mil 1 to 1 flour or gluten free flour blend of choice
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ⅓ packed cup brown sugar light or dark
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup milk or non-dairy milk alternative
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup pecans optional
- In one mixing bowl add 2 ¼ cups Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 flour (or gluten free flour blend of choice), 1 Tbsp. baking powder, ⅓ packed cup brown sugar (light or dark), 2 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. nutmeg, and ¼ tsp. kosher salt. Stir until completely combined.
- In another mixing bowl whisk 2 eggs. Add ¼ cup olive oil, 1 cup milk (or non-dairy milk alternative), 1 tsp. vanilla extract, and 1 ¼ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling). Whisk until completely combined.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir to incorporate the wet ingredients until completely combined. The batter will be slightly lumpy, a little sticky, and slightly dense.
- Heat a waffle iron and melt a little butter on both sides to prevent waffles from sticking as they cook.
- Pour desired amount of batter into the waffle iron and close. Cook the waffle for 3-5 minutes (cooking times will vary depending on the waffle maker). The waffle is done once the color is golden and the edges are slightly crisp.
- Remove the waffle from the iron, melt more butter on both sides, and pour more batter into the iron. Repeat with the remainder of the batter.
- Serve the waffles