Meatballs make great food for families. Kids and adults love them, and they can make a full meal or party appetizer depending on the size and accompaniments. This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, tree nut and peanut free.
- 3/4 lb ground pork
- 3/4 lb ground grass fed beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup gluten free panko
- GF Italian seasoning to taste 1-2 tbsp
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup GF organic beef broth
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup GF ketchup
- 2 Tbsp non GMO cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp GF soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all meatball ingredients into a bowl and mix until evenly combined.
- Roll small meatballs (1-1.5 inches) and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Combine all sauce ingredients into a small sauce plan and place on medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer.
- Allow the sauce to simmer until it gets to the consistency you prefer, about 10-15 minutes.
- When you’re ready to serve, pour the sauce over the meatballs and toss to coat evenly.