A comforting Gluten-Free Turkey Pot Pie made from scratch using leftover turkey, carrots, onion, peas and a creamy, smooth gravy like sauce. This is an easy way to use up that leftover turkey.
- For the crust (makes two 10″ crusts, enough for one large pot pie)
- 3 cups of Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- 1 cup salted butter (2 sticks), cold – cut into small pieces
- 8-10 tablespoons milk, cold
- For the filling
- 1 pound skinless, boneless cooked turkey – cubed
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- ⅓ cup butter
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh yellow or white onion
- ⅓ cup Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth or leftover turkey drippings
- ⅔ cup milk
For the crust-
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place flour in a medium mixing bowl.
- With a pastry knife cut butter into flour until butter is the size of small peas.
- Add milk and combine. Add additional milk if needed. You may need to use your hands to work the milk into the dough. Dough should be moist and easy to roll.
- Divide dough in half and roll each ball of dough out on a gluten-free floured surface with a rolling pin until approximately 10-inches in diameter. Alternatively, roll dough between two pieces of wax paper.
- Place one circle of dough into the pie pan and trim edges if necessary.
For the filling-
- In a medium saucepan, combine the carrots and peas. Add water to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and drain; set aside.
- In the same saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Slowly stir in chicken broth (or turkey drippings) and milk.
- Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the cooked turkey and veggie mixture in bottom pie crust. Pour the gravy mixture over the top and fill about ¾ of the way.
- Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Cut small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pie crust is golden brown.
- Allow to cool about 10 minutes before serving