Yields: 6 servings (2 popovers per person)
Total Time:?45 mins
Prep Time:?15 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ? teaspoon guar gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ? teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4 ounces goat cheese, plain or herb
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease 12 muffin tins with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, sugar, gaur gum, salt, pepper and nutmeg and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine milk, eggs and melted butter and pulse on high for one minute. Add in the dry ingredients and pulse to combine.
- Fill each muffin cup ? of the way full with batter and then place 1 teaspoon of goat cheese in the middle of each cup.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees F. After 10 minutes, drop oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake another 10 to 15 minutes until dark golden brown.
- Remove from oven and pierce the tops of each popover with a knife to release steam to keep popovers from getting soggy. Serve warm.
Leave a Reply