Delight Gluten-Free Magazine challenges you to kick your summer grilling up a notch this Fourth of July by putting a new spin on a summer classic—the hamburger.
Total Time: 40 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil), sliced
- 3 fresh basil leaves, sliced
- Butter (optional)
- 8 slices gluten-free Italian style bread (or gluten-free hamburger buns)
- Preheat grill to 450 to 500 degrees F.
- Divide ground turkey mixture into 4 patties. Remove a quarter-sized piece of each patty and set aside. Gently form an indentation in the middle of the remaining piece of patty, creating a “bowl” in which the goat cheese stuffing will rest.
- Place one ounce of goat cheese in the middle of each patty. Place dried tomato slices, salt, and basil on top of the cheese.
- Return to the quarter-sized pieces of patty and gently flatten each into a round disc. Place on top of the goat-cheese-stuffed patty and pinch to create a seal.
- Place patties on hot grill and let sit for 4 minutes. Flip and let sit another 4 minutes.
- Optional: melt a tablespoon of butter and brush directly onto bread slices. Toast bread until crisp and serve burger directly off the grill.