This healthy Greek quinoa salad features baby spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, feta cheese and a tangy lemon dressing. Works as a make-ahead lunch option and is a total crowd pleaser at summer cookouts.
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups roughly chopped baby spinach
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- 1–2 chopped avocados (optional)
- Cook quinoa in water, according to package directions. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, stir together quinoa, spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese, red onion, basil and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over quinoa salad and toss to combine. Top with almond slices, if using.
- Serve immediately or let the salad chill in the fridge a couple hours before serving. Add avocado (if using), just before serving. Salad will keep up to 3-4 days in the fridge.