Combine apples and Brussels sprouts for this amazing Fall dish.
This recipe is: Corn-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Rice-Free, Soy-Free, Sugar-Free
Total Time: 40 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, washed and sliced in quarters
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Garlic powder
- 2 tart green apples, skin on, sliced in thin strips
- 8 ounces Manchego cheese, diced in bite size squares
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet lined with foil and drizzle olive oil on top. Sprinkle sprouts with salt and garlic powder. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes until lightly golden and crisp. Remove sprouts from oven and cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine green apples, Manchego cheese and cooled Brussels sprouts. Gently stir to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together orange juice, lemon juice, lime juice, red wine vinegar, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil until the mixture emulsifies. Pour dressing over salad and gently stir together. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.