This Green Beans with Bacon, Cranberries and Almonds is a perfect holiday side dish. It’s fresh, crunchy, salty and sweet and so colorful. So appropriate for Christmas, well, look at the colors. It’s also perfect for Thanksgiving.
- 2 lbs. green beans, trimmed
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup sliced toasted almonds
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add green beans and cook about 5 minutes or until bright green in color and crisp-tender.
- Drain the beans and shock in a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain the beans again and pat dry.
- Cook the bacon in a large saute pan until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Add the garlic to the pan. Cook for a minute.
- Add cooked green beans, stir to mix everything together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add dried cranberries, stir a few times until combined. Taste to see if it needs more salt and pepper. Turn off the heat. Sprinkle crispy bacon and top with sliced almonds.