This tasty salad combines banana and asparagus- two of my favorites. Coming in at just 230 calories and packed with Vitamins A, C and K- plus a great source of potassium.
- 3 firm DOLE® Bananas, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 lb. DOLE® Asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- Olive oil spray
- 2 small heads or 1 large head DOLE® Romaine, washed and chopped
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- 3 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup DOLE® Blackberries
- Spray banana slices and asparagus with olive oil spray. Grill on both sides and remove from heat. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
- Chop romaine into bite-size pieces and combine with walnuts, blue cheese, banana, and asparagus in a large bowl.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, and lemon peel in a small bowl. Whisk until blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and gently toss.
- Divide salad between six serving plates and top with blackberries.
Dole Food Company, part of Dole plc, is one of the world’s largest producers and marketers of high-quality fresh fruit and fresh vegetables. Dole is an industry leader in many of the products it sells, as well as in nutrition education. For more information, please visit www.dole.com