As the weather warms up and swimsuit season approaches, we typically want to eat lighter fare that won’t weigh us down. Here at Delight, we’ve come up with great slimming yet filling ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. We believe that deprivation is not an option when foodies are in the kitchen, so try out our healthy alternatives and enjoy!
Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
- 1¼ lb flank steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- Place flank steak between two pieces of parchment paper. Pound with a meat tenderizer until meat is about ½-¼ inch thick.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic. Mix well.
- Place meat in a plastic bag and pour marinade on top. Refrigerate for 1 hour, turning over halfway through.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to 375 degrees F.
- Remove meat from marinade and place on grill. Cook on each side for 6 minutes.
- Remove meat from grill and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Slice against the grain into four separate pieces.
- Divide the crumbled goat cheese into 4 equal parts and place on top of each slice of meat while hot.