The taste of lemon makes me feel like spring is approaching. Grilled lemon chicken lifts me up when skies are still gray. Prepare it as a main course, and then leftover chicken strips are perfect in the baby kale salad.
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1? lemons
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic
- ? teaspoon salt
- ? teaspoon pepper
- Place a chicken breast in a plastic bag and pound with a meat mallet (or in a pinch, a can) until the breast has a uniform thickness. Repeat with all chicken pieces and set aside in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour marinade over chicken and let sit in refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours or even overnight.
- Preheat grill to high. Grill for up to 7 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts. Do not overcook. Serve as a main coarse or chop chicken and serve on top of a salad.
Leave a Reply