Cherries and apple juice add a delightful burst of flavor to this sizzling barbecue favorite!
Preparation time: 4 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes.
- 12 cherries, stemmed and pitted
- 4 ounces unsweetened apple juice
- 1–1 1/4 pounds boneless lean pork chops
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Yield: 4 servings Serving size: 1 pork chop with sauce
- Combine cherries and apple juice in a small saucepan over low heat for 15 minutes.
- While cooking sauce, heat grill. Grill pork chops approximately 3–4 minutes on each side until cooked through (internal temperature should be 160˚F).
- Pour hot apple juice and cherries into a small food processor and add thyme, honey, balsamic vinegar, and cornstarch. Pulse a few times.
- Add sauce back to saucepan over low heat and stir until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Pour sauce (approximately 1/2 cup) evenly over cooked pork chops and serve.