Halloumi cheese is a sheep’s milk cheese that grills up delightfully! Mix this salty cheese with the sweetness of watermelon and you’ll have a fresh and fruity summertime meal.
Yields: 4 servings
Total Time: 25 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
- 12 watermelon slices, approximately 3.5 inches wide
- 12 slices halloumi cheese, approximately 3.5 inches wide
- Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, stems removed and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1½ tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Drizzle watermelon and halloumi cheese slices with olive oil and salt. Place on grill and cook for 3 minutes. Rotate slices 45 degrees on a grill (quarter turn) and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Flip pieces of watermelon and cheese over and repeat cook 3 minutes, turn 45 degrees and cook 3 final minutes.
- To make the vinaigrette, combine cilantro leaves, lemon juice, lime juice, white wine vinegar, honey and salt in a small mixing bowl. Slowly pour in the olive oil while whisking. Whisk until the mixture begins to emulsify and thicken.
- Create stacks of watermelon and halloumi cheese on each serving plate with three slices of each ingredient per serving. Drizzle with cilantro vinaigrette before serving.