There’s nothing like a hearty, homemade casserole to bring your family together at dinnertime. This is an easy-to-make, budget-friendly casserole that your family will beg for night after night!
Total Time: 40 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
- 1 package gluten-free elbow noodles (we used Tinkyada brown rice elbows)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup grated Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Cook gluten-free elbow pasta according to package instructions. Set aside when done.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook, stirring frequently, until the meat is fully cooked, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and green onions and cook, stirring frequently, an additional two minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper, bring mixture to a boil, and allow to simmer for two minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta and ground beef mixture. Stir together well.
- Add sour cream and cream cheese and stir together well.
- Transfer casserole to a 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with grated cheeses.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.