Makes a make appetizer when you are craving something Asian and healthy.
This recipe is: Corn-Free, Dairy Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free
Total Time: 30 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- ½ cup grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Warm water
- Rice paper wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Thai Kitchen Sweet Red Chili Sauce
- In a large frying pan, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add in the minced garlic and sauté, stirring constantly, until garlic is lightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in ground chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until cooked through and no pink spots remain, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Gently stir in shredded cabbage, carrots, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 3 to 5 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Place one rice paper wrapper in the warm water for 2 to 3 seconds just to get wet and soften. Fill the wrapper with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the ground chicken filling. Roll up, tucking in the ends, and set aside until ready to fry. Repeat with remaining rice paper wrappers and filling.
- Pour oil into a large frying pan or deep fryer and heat over medium-high heat until you see small bubbles forming in the bottom of the oil. Fry each spring roll until they are lightly browned and crispy. Dry on paper towels and serve with Thai Kitchen Sweet Red Chili Sauce.
Leave a Reply