Grilled chicken can be enjoyed as a snack and as a main dish. Enjoy some tasty grilled chicken by following this easy recipe. This recipe is a great grilling option. Prep time is about 15 minutes and cooking time less than 20.
- 1 ripe large DOLE® Banana, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 4 (½-inch-thick) slices fresh DOLE® Pineapple
- 1 (½-inch-thick) slice DOLE® Red Onion
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1¼ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large stalk DOLE® Celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. Brush both sides of banana, pineapple and onion with ½ tablespoon oil; place on hot grill rack, cover and cook banana 3 minutes, and pineapple and onion 5 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once. Transfer to a cutting board; cool 5 minutes and chop.
- Brush chicken with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with ¾ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Place chicken on hot grill rack; cover and cook 12 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Transfer chicken to a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes and cut crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Stir celery, cilantro, lime juice, and remaining ½ tablespoon oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl; fold in banana, pineapple and onion. Makes about 2 cups.
- Serve chicken topped with salsa.
Tips & tricks
Salsa can be prepared, covered and refrigerated up to 2 days in advance. For a lunch alternative, chop chicken, toss with salsa and wrap in whole-grain tortillas with arugula or baby spinach.