Ginger snaps are a time trusted favorite. This was always one of the first cookies my Mom made- and often had to go back and make a second batch!
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil melted
- 1 Cup Coconut sugar lighty packed + more for rolling
- 1 Egg white
- 1 1/2 Cups + 1 Tbsp Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup + 1 tsp Coconut Flour
- 1 3/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Ginger powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp Molasses
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a large bowl, beat together the melted coconut oil, coconut sugar and egg white until well mixed. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon. Stir until everything is very well mixed and there are no little clumps of flour.
- Stir the flour mixture, along with the molasses into the oil mixtures and stir until a slightly sticky dough forms. Place the dough into the refrigerator for 10 minutes, just to allow to coconut flour to absorb some of the moisture.
- Once the dough has chilled, Roll 1 Tbsp sized balls and roll the balls around in coconut sugar. Place onto the prepared baking sheet and slightly flatten down.
- Bake until the edges begin to go darker brown and top is nice and crackly, about 19-20 mins. The cookies will feel VERY soft, but they will crisp up A LOT once cooled.
Let cool completely on the pan and then DEVOUR.