Sneak your veggies in at breakfast with this Healthy Lemon Zucchini Bread that is super moist, full of fresh lemon zest, and LOADED with grated zucchini squash. Learn how to make the best quick bread recipe that can easily be made with gluten-free flour, vegan ingredients, and makes a great summer dessert or snack cake.
- 2 cups zucchini finely grated
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup butter melted*
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour gluten-free
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. sugar optional
Grating & Straining Zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Using a food processor, finely grate zucchini and measure out 2 cups. Sprinkle zucchini with salt and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Squeeze excess moisture out of the zucchini by dabbing with a paper towel or using a cheese cloth. (You will end up with about 1 cup of grated zucchini once water is squeezed out.)
- Whisk together melted butter, eggs, honey, lemon juice, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Mix together flour, coconut sugar, and baking soda in a separate, medium-sized bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix by hand until batter is smooth.
- Stir in grated zucchini and lemon zest until just combined.
- Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and/or line it with parchment paper.
- Pour in the zucchini bread batter and spread it out evenly in the pan. Sprinkle with additional sugar, if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted in comes out clean.
- Let cool to room temperature before serving. Enjoy!