A Fruit Salad Dressing without Cream or Pudding. And this version is so much better than those frozen whipped topping fruit salads.
This recipe shows you how to make fruit salad without the heavy, creamy fruit salad dressing that you’re used to seeing. It leaves plenty of room for all the flavors of the fruit to shine without drenching it in sugar and other random flavors.
And it doesn’t use any of those packaged pudding mixes that pack the added sugar. Why should we coat all the vibrant and incredible flavors of the fruit with an artificial flavor from a pudding mix?
This will become your go-to favorite!
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 lb chopped fresh pineapple,
- 12 oz fresh blueberries
- 12 oz red grapes, sliced into halves
- 4 kiwis, peeled and chopped
- 3 mandarin oranges*
- 2 bananas, sliced (optional)
Honey Lime Dressing
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp lime zest (zest of 2 medium limes)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Add all fruit to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together they honey, lime zest and lime juice.
- Pour over fruit and toss to evenly coat, serve immediately
*1 (15 oz) can mandarin oranges in juice or light syrup, drained well will work here too (which was what was previously listed, I just now prefer the fresh).
**Fruit can be chopped 1 day in advance (except banana) and dressing can be made 1 day in advance and kept separate and chilled, toss together just before serving.