This Shepherd’s Pie can be prepared, covered and refrigerated up to 3 days in advance; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking. Bake pies in a 375°F oven for 15 minutes or until heated through, then broil as directed in step 5.
- 2 medium DOLE® Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces (about 10 ounces each)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup natural buttery spread with olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup drained and rinsed black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1½ cups packed DOLE® Baby Spinach
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced DOLE® Green Onions
- Add potatoes and 2 tablespoons water to a medium microwave-safe bowl; cover with plastic wrap, leaving an edge open to vent, and heat in microwave oven on high 8 minutes or until very tender. Purée ½ cup milk, 2 tablespoons buttery spread and potato mixture in a food processor on high until smooth. Makes about 2 cups.
- Heat 1 tablespoon buttery spread in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add turkey and cook 5 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking up turkey with side of spoon. Transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon buttery spread in same skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and bell pepper; cook 3 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring frequently. Stir in beans, corn, salt, black pepper and cumin; cook 3 minutes or until corn is thawed, stirring occasionally.
- Add stock, tomato paste and remaining ½ cup milk to skillet; heat to a boil, stirring until tomato paste dissolves. Stir cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl; add to skillet, heat to a boil and boil 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in spinach and turkey; remove from heat. Makes about 4 cups.
- Place oven rack 6 inches from broiler; preheat broiler to high. Place 4 (2-cup) oven-safe ramekins or dishes on a rimmed baking pan; divide turkey mixture into ramekins and spread with sweet potato purée. Broil 3 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Serve pies sprinkled with green onions.