In the mood for Mexican? Call up some friends and enjoy these delicious and festive dishes! Or, make it a fiesta night for the family. No matter the occasion, tasty tacos and flavorful salsas are the perfect way to spice up any meal. Serve with: Tri-Color Margarita Salsa
Total Time: 25 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1½ pounds raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup tequila
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 18 corn tortillas, heated
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in shrimp and cook for 3 minutes, flipping them once during this time. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- To the same pan, add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add in the sliced red bell pepper and cook an additional 3 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook 2 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in the cilantro and return partially cooked shrimp to the pan. Add in the tequila, lime juice and salt, bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and immediately whisk in the sour cream.
- Evenly distribute shrimp mixture amongst tortillas and serve with tri-color margarita salsa if desired.